Thursday 6 April 2017

Nathalie Emmanuel: I struggled with how my body looks but now I’m comfortable

3nathalieemmanuel0604a.jpg
There is no absence of nudity in Game Of Thrones — but star Nathalie Emmanuel says it has taken her years to feel comfortable with her body.
The actress, 28, who plays the slave-turned-adviser Missandei in HBO’s hit fantasy show, said she felt proud of her naked scene in the series but struggled with the way her body looked during her teens and early twenties.
She said: “There’s that thing where you just compare yourself to every advert or every poster and think, ‘Wait, is that how I should look?’ and I just didn’t look like that.
“I’ve always had to be positive with my thoughts and be like, ‘You know what, how you are and what you are is fine. Even if you gained however much weight, you’re still fine’.
3nathalieemmanuel0604b.jpg
Comfortable: Nathalie Emmanuel was proud of her naked scenes 
“I’m not saying that I’ve never had unhealthy or negative thoughts with regards to my body, of course I have, but you also have to be proactive with yourself mentally.
"It’s not something that had a huge hold on me, but to say I didn’t have certain insecurities or was worried about that, that would be untrue. But for a few years now I’ve been like, ‘I look healthy, I look after myself’. 

“There’s this real pressure and ideas that are put on women on how to be and how to look and how to act.”  see more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters